Benefits of Membership
In becoming a member of the NYSALAS you will be joining a family of dedicated educators who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of Latino students. You’ll be surrounded by other educational leaders who are facing the same challenges and opportunities as you, and you’ll have access to the resources and support you need to succeed. As a member of NYSALAS, you will have the opportunity to develop leadership skills while participating in professional development sessions, networking events, regional events, and annual events, including our scholarship gala and educational conference. But perhaps the most important benefit of being a member of NYSALAS is the sense of community and support that you’ll feel. As a member, you’ll be part of a group of educators who are committed to making a difference in the lives of Latino students. You’ll know that you’re not alone, and you’ll have the support of your fellow educational leaders to help you achieve your goals.
Benefits to becoming a member of NYASALAS include:
- Professional development: NYASALAS offers a variety of professional development opportunities for its members, including workshops, online webinars, and conferences. These events provide an opportunity for members to learn about the latest trends and best practices in education, as well as to network with other educational leaders.
- Support: NYSALAS provides members with support from a network of colleagues who understand the unique challenges and opportunities facing educational leaders. Members can reach out to other members for advice, support, and mentorship.
- Networking: NYSALAS provides members with a sense of community and belonging. We offer a variety of networking events including regional events and discussion groups. These events are a valuable way to learn from others, share best practices, and build relationships that can be beneficial to your career and your school district.
- Advocacy: NYSALAS advocates for the needs of Latino students and their families. The organization works to ensure that Latino students have access to high-quality education and that their voices are heard in the education system.
- Resources: NYASALAS provides members with access to a variety of resources, such as publications, research reports, and job postings. These resources can be helpful for members in their careers and professional development.
In addition, NYSALAS was founded in 2015 and is an affiliate of Association of Latino Administrators & Superintendents. NYSALAS members will receive dual membership with the Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents (ALAS). Dual membership with ALAS offers a wide range of advantages to NYSALAS members. The Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents [ALAS] is committed to Serving America’s students with an emphasis on Latino youth, more than 8,000 ALAS members nationwide participate in a variety of signature programs, networking groups and annual events, including our ALAS Superintendents Leadership Academy as a premiere program to promote equity focused and transformative leadership. Dual membership with ALAS offers a wide range of advantages to NYSALAS members. Please visit ALAS for additional membership details.
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION & DUES
Membership runs from July 1-June 30 annually. You can join at any time during the year, but dues are not prorated. However, if you join after March 31, your membership will include the remaining months in the current school year with the following year — giving you up to 15 months of membership for the price of 12!
Membership Annual Dues*
Central Administrators: $105.00
Principals/Building Leaders: $80.00
Aspiring & Retired Leaders: $55.00
*NOTE: Membership is currently included for 2023 Annual Conference and Gala attendees.
If you have any changes to your membership information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org